ABOUT THIS POLICY
Degen Wines Pty Limited [ACN 604 962 254] (“Degen Wines”) is committed to protecting the privacy of any personal information it holds about individuals in accordance with the applicable laws. Degen Wines has implemented measures so as to comply with its obligations under the relevant Australian and Australia privacy laws.
WHY DOES DEGEN WINES COLLECT MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Degen Wines collects your personal information to allow it to perform its business functions. For example, Degen Wines may collect your personal information to enable you to participate in a Degen Wines promotion or to allow Degen Wines to market its current and future products and services to you.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DOES DEGEN WINES COLLECT?
The types of personal information Degen Wines collects will depend on the nature of your dealings with Degen Wines and may (but does not always) include:
- Your name;
- Date of birth;
- Personal and/or work contact details (e.g. phone numbers and email addresses); and/or
- Payment details (e.g. credit card number).
If necessary, Degen Wines may also ask you to provide it with additional information from time to time.
Importantly, Degen Wines does not collect any personal information it does not need to perform a business function, and generally it will not collect any information about you without your prior consent.
WHAT IF YOU DON’T PROVIDE DEGEN WINES THE PERSONAL INFORMATION IT REQUIRES?
If you can’t, or won’t, provide Degen Wines with the personal information it reasonably requires, Degen Wines may be unable to provide you with the information, goods or services you have requested.
HOW DOES DEGEN WINES COLLECT MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Degen Wines tries to collect personal information directly from you. That collection generally occurs when you:
- Request information from, or have dealings directly with Degen Wines or one of its related companies, directors or related entities;
- Participate in a competition or trade promotion conducted by Degen Wines or one of its related companies;
- Participate in a survey conducted by Degen Wines or one of its related companies, directors or related entities;
- Purchase tickets or products from a website operated by Degen Wines or one of its related companies or related entities;
- Access or request information from Degen Wines website or the website of one of its related companies or related entities; or
- Provide information to Degen Wines’ customer service call centre.
In some circumstances however, Degen Wines may also collect your personal information from third parties, but where it does so, it will ensure that it acts in accordance with relevant privacy laws. Degen Wines will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are aware of the purposes for which it collects your personal information.
HOW DOES DEGEN WINES USE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Degen Wines uses your information for purposes including (but not limited to):
- Providing you with the Degen Wines goods or services you request;
- Promoting and marketing Degen Wines’ current and future products and services to you;
- Informing you of upcoming events, special promotions and offers, discounts and other matters which Degen Wines considers may be of interest to you;
- Conducting research (including but not limited to client surveys) concerning Degen Wines’ current and future products or services; and
- To improve the operation or navigation of Degen Wines’ website.
Degen Wines may also use your personal information for other purposes not listed above which will be made obvious to you at the time Degen Wines collects that information, or for such purposes as may be required or permitted by law.
If Degen Wines uses your personal information to direct marketing purposes, all correspondence sent to you by Degen Wines will give you the opportunity to “opt out” of receiving any further direct marketing correspondence.
WILL DEGEN WINES GIVE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO ANYONE ELSE?
In providing you the information, goods or services you request, Degen Wines may be required to disclose your personal information to:
- Degen Wines’ related companies (including those located in Australia); and
- Degen Wines’ consultants, contractors and service providers performing services including (but not limited to) legal and accounting services, credit reporting, mail-house, transport and printing services.
Other than those third parties referred to above, Degen Wines will not disclose your personal information to any other third party unless it has reasonable grounds to believe;
- You have authorised Degen Wines to do so;
- Your safety, or the safety of others in the community, is at risk; or
- Degen Wines is required or permitted by law to do so.
If Degen Wines provides your personal information to a third party, Degen Wines generally requires the third party to protect your personal information in the same way Degen Wines does.
IS MY PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE?
Degen Wines takes reasonable steps to ensure personal information it holds about you is protected from risk such as loss, unauthorised access, use, destruction, modification or disclosure. Degen Wines only permits its authorised personnel or consultants to access your personal information for legitimate business purposes.
No data transmission over the internet is totally secure. As a result, any personal information you send to Degen Wines over the internet (including via email) is sent at your own risk.
If Degen Wines determines it no longer requires your personal information, Degen Wines will take reasonable steps to de-identify or securely destroy that information as soon as practicable.
YOUR RIGHTS OF ACCESS AND CORRECTION
The accuracy of your personal information is important. Degen Wines takes reasonable steps to ensure personal information it holds about you is accurate, complete, up-to-date, relevant and not misleading. If you believe that any personal information Degen Wines holds about you is incorrect, please contact Degen Wines by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Degen Wines can deny your request in some circumstances and if it does so, will provide you with written reasons for that denial.
While there is no fee for requesting access to the personal information Degen Wines holds about you, Degen Wines reserves the right to charge a reasonable fee for the preparation and provision of that information to you.
You also have the right to request the correction of personal information which Degen Wines holds about you. You may do so at any time by contacting Degen Wines by email to email@example.com. Degen Wines does however reserve the right to refuse to correct your information in some circumstances. If Degen Wines refuses to correct any personal information about you, and subsequent agreement cannot be reached between the parties on this issue, you may request that a note or statement regarding the correction requested be attached to your personal information
HOW DO I OBTAIN MORE INFORMATION OR LODGE A PRIVACY COMPLAINT?
- Have any concerns or a complaint regarding Degen Wines’ privacy practices or its management of your personal information.
Please contact Degen Wines by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Degen Wines will endeavour to respond to you within 21 business days.